Introducing Your Baby To Disney

For us, our baby was introduced to Disney while I was still carrying her in my belly.  Our maternity photo’s included her very first set of Mickey…or rather Minnie Ears. Her nursery was decorated with the iconic Cinderella Castle, with just a bit of Pixie Dust thrown in.  Many of her infant clothes were adorned were some our favorite characters (and hopefully hers someday too).  Her very first trip to Walt Disney World was on our Babymoon; and then again 10 months later we got see her squeal with delight over the Christmas parade. My husband and I have never questioned that Disney would be a part of her life.

For me it’s more than trips to the park or some licensed character apparel.  For me I want her to believe, as long as possibly, that Fairytales do come true. I want her to believe in this magical place where you can leave everything behind and fly with Dumbo, Soar over California, watch kitchen appliances sing and dance.  I want her to have the magic in her.  As she gets older, I also want her to understand why it is we love Disney (when so many people don’t understand). I want to share with her Walt’s dreams and explore the wonder and delight of his movies. I want her to be a part of the magic that her Dad and I love so much.  I can’t wait for her to have memories that she will never ever forget…and a place that she will always feel an unbelievable joy and that no matter how old she gets, a place that is magical.

Many people say that she won’t remember any of this, and they are right.  Right now we are enjoying every second of our daughter experiencing something we love so much.  Will she remember the look on her face when the Toy Soldiers marched through Frontierland? Will she remember dozing off to “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” right in the middle of Festival of the Lion King? Will she remember gazing up at Pooh with those bright blue eyes and reaching out to grab his nose? Will she remember her Daddy holding her in front of Cinderella castle?  No, she won’t remember a second of it…but we will.   We will continue to share with our little girl something that we are passionate about and hope that someday she shares in that and finds something that she is just as passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment