A Very Dapper Girls Getaway - Let's Get Started!

To be honest...I'm not sure where it all started! I'm not sure the first time that we heard about Dapper Day, or when we started dreaming of going. All I know is for years Lauren and I have dreampt of being lucky enough to attend! But what is Dapper Day and why do we want to go so bad?





Let's start with the WHAT! Here is the official answer from dapperday.com:

Started in February 2011, DAPPER DAY® Events organizes fashionable outings to Disney Parks twice a year (spring and fall) in LA, Orlando, and Paris. These events include a "DAPPER DAY at the Parks" with informal in-park meetups, plus other happenings outside the parks such as our DAPPER DAY Expo (in the Disneyland Hotel® Exhibit Hall), DAPPER DAY Car Show, and our official after party FOLLY in Downtown Disney Anaheim. We sometimes organize other non-Disney-related events at various other locations throughout the year.


DAPPER DAY Events celebrates the tradition of "stepping out in style" and are meant to showcase you at your best. We do not aim to recreate a specific period. All sophisticated attire is encouraged from vintage-inspired classics to chic contemporary looks. Active and retired military are encouraged to wear your dress blues or service uniforms if you like. (Please note costumes or cosplay are better suited for other events.)


Basically it's a fun day, dressed in some vintage fashions, recreating a time gone by! If you've followed me for very long you'll know that I LOVE everything vintage. Disney's Boardwalk is my favorite, I own a record player with vintage records my grandparents owned, I've been known to go Swing Dancing (in my younger years) and most of all...the clothes! Oh my gosh the clothes! If I could wear dresses every day I probably would! The thought of a simpler time, where people had manners and elegance...it just intrigues me so much!

I guess that's part of the WHY! I've always loved the though of a time gone by. It's amazing to think that we get to dress up and be a part of such a unique event! The most fun we've had so far is window shopping for the perfect dress! Lauren are a match made in heaven and I couldn't picture going without her!


Stay tuned for more on what we'll wear, what other fun things we'll be doing, where we'll stay and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment