Girls Getaway-Surprise Update

This trip has been a long time coming. Lauren and I have been trying to plan a trip together for YEARS.  One thing or another always got in the way; just life stuff like babies, weddings...her moving all the way across the country. We knew sooner or later we'd make it.  We had dreams of a weekend full of eating, drinking and taking pictures (without Mr. Stingy Pants complaining).

Well I threw Lauren one more curve ball recently...it wouldn't be a girls weekend with just the two of us.  I knew she'd be disappointed a bit, but I also knew she'd be really happy when I told her who'd be joining us.


That's right! Kennedy is going to be a big sister!  We are beyond excited and I'm even more exciting to be heading to Disney for a little R&R!  I'll be in my 2nd trimester by then and hopefully beyond the nausea and exhausting. Lauren will be taking over drinking around Disney but there will be plenty of treats in store for both of us!

I recently wrote a post about traveling to Disney while pregnant that you can read here. Let's talk a little bit about how our plans have changed and what we'll be doing!

1) Taking it easy!  We decided to fly in a night early to avoid some of the rushing around. We'll get in pretty late but it will allow for a good nights sleep and for us to start fresh the next day.

2) We'll be renting a car. This is a personal preference but since we know our way around so well and we'll be doing a bit of park/resort hopping, this makes life easy!

3)More dining! I mentioned before that we chose a value resort so we could put more of our budget toward dining. Now even more so than before, we'll be taking time out of our day to relax and enjoy a great meal!

I'll be posting more soon about our itinerary plans, dining choices and more! Thanks for reading!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments: