Graduation Celebration: Post Trip Resort Review

I can't believe that one week ago today I was relaxing aboard the Disney Dream!  Time seems to fly faster on vacation than any other time! I know you are all excited to see the photos so I thought it was about time to share! Before we get to our amazing cruise, I'd like to share with you our visit to Walt Disney World!!





Resort
We arrived on a Friday, after many delays, we checked into Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter.  Since we were in a hurry we didn't take many photos. We were incredibly pleased with our room location (Building 4). We stayed in the same building last December...it's very close to transportation, the main Theme pool, lobby and food court!


We spent 2 nights here at French Quarter before moving to Pop Century for one night. For our purposes it worked. The last night before we cruised we were at the Magic Kingdom until the wee hours so we really just needed a bed...but I've said it before and I'll say it again...hands down I would pick a moderate over a value anytime!

But WHY?


Room and Bed Size
I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, especially as the kids weren't with us, but we are pretty tall people. The difference in Queen and Double beds makes a lot of difference. I also like the little bit of extra space you get at a moderate resort. It's a difference of about 50 sq. ft but when you put a family in a small space like that, it makes a difference. Mostly in the morning when everyone is getting ready.



Themeing and Grounds
I think for us this comes more into play when the kids are with us. I love that the moderates have a more calming feeling than the values. The colors are more subdued, there is beautifully landscaped areas...just walking around is more calming at a moderate than a Value Resort.


Pools, Restaurants and More!
While all Disney resorts have pools, I just love that the moderate resorts offer a little more. The themeing is bit more intricate and all Moderate and Deluxe resorts have slides.  You'll also find more dining options than just a food court when you travel to the Moderate resorts.  Also, at our favorite resort (Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside) you have the added convenience of a water taxi to Disney Springs.


Overall to me, even with the limited time that we spend at the resort, I think the upgrade is well worth the experience.  We love staying at the moderate resorts. I think it's a great balance between price and value!


No comments:

Post a Comment