A Very Dapper Girls Getaway Trip Recap - Arrival Day

I'm so excited to share with you our amazing week long stay at the Walt Disney World Resort! It was a week full of new and exciting experiences and it feels good to have spent a week learning so much! Unfortunately pretty early on in my trip I lost or had my phone stolen (more likely)...which also means I lost the majority of the photos taken up until that point. I'm VERY  lucky that my traveling partner, Lauren Kennedy, took some amazing photos and was kind enough to share them with me! Be sure to check out her photography page!
 So let's get started! 
I had a VERY early morning flight and everything went as uneventful as possible...the best way to travel! After landing, I stopped for a quick caffeine jolt at Starbucks and picked up our rental car. Since it was just the two of us, we had an economy car which worked PERFECT for the few times we needed it. I LOVE renting with Alamo however, their lines are always the longest and EVERYONE seems to have a problem. The wait is the worst part.
Soon enough Lauren had landed and we were off to Disney's Boardwalk Inn. This is handsdown my favorite resort. I love the atmosphere, the smell...you name it.  We were lucky enough that not only was our room ready but it was one of the newly remolded rooms.  It was probably about a 5-7 minute walk to our room but we also had a "backdoor" nearby that we could easily head over to EPCOT or pick up the boat from the Swan and Dolphin which was closer than the EPCOT dock.
We were sharing a Studio Villa which comes with 1 Queen bed and 1 pullout sofa, plus a single pull down. These villa's will sleep 5 although I think it would be a little cramped!  The room was just gorgeous and very comfortable for the 2 of us!

My bed for the week!






 Before

After

After we got settled and freshened up, it was off to Food and Wine Festival! We picked up our Passport and started snacking our way around! We also threw in a few rides and just explored. We were calling it an early  night and Lauren was adjusting to the time zone.  

A absolute favorite of the week!
Loaded mac n’ cheese with Nueske’s® pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, peppers and green onions – $4.25


We loved all the flavors...except the pumpkin. YUCK!

We didn't snack TOO much as we had plans to visit Tutto Gusto for dinner. This was AMAZING! We each got a wine flight (mine red, Lauren's White) an then ordered the Grande Antipasto Misto - a generous platter of appetizers and specialities served family-style, from Tutto Italia (who's whole menu was available). This was extremely good but we both wished it had more variety with the cheese and definitely more bread!




After dinner we tried a few desserts!

Warm chocolate pudding with Kerrygold Irish Cream Liqueur Custard – $3.50

Next up was our FIRST official Croissant Doughnut and it was AMAZING!!!


Up next...our first official day includes a visit to the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds and Hollywood Studios!

1 comment:

  1. fun!! Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. Ps where are those ciders from? I soo want them!

    ReplyDelete