1st day excitement!

What an amazing first day! I'll make this post short as I don't have any pictures yet. My dad has been dubbed official family photographer and took hundreds yesterday!
Our flight was great and took off right on time. The baby did amazing! She took a bottle on take off and then a short nap on landing. She slept through touchdown and everything.
We grabbed our bags and rental cars and were off to Disney! Check in was a breeze and we got the baby her 1st visit button and me a birthday button.  I had gotten a message that our garden grocery delivery had arrived too.
We had a little trouble finding our room but once we did we found it in a great location. We are in Casitas one right near the parking lot.
We got to the Christmas party a little late and we had just sat down to dinner at about 7 p.m.  Pecos Bills was a great place to have some quick burgers AND when we left there was a spot right outside to watch the parade. The parade was at 8:15 and people had been lining up on Main St since before we got there! Frontierland is my favorite place to watch parades and you don't have to wait as long.
A side note...many people made comments about our daughter being too young to go to Disney but let me say...watching her face light up with the biggest smiles during the parade was all worth it. She won't ever remember this trip but we will never forget that moment.
We headed back to Main St. to watch the Magic, the Memories and You show and the holiday version of Wishes.  That was one of the best fireworks displays I've ever seen. I love Wishes anyway but great job Disney.  Oh and the baby was so pooped she slept through all the fireworks!
I'm posting from a dark hotel room while everyone sleeps so I can't grab my pedometer but yesterdays count was over 8000!  We are getting a later start than planned due to our late night but we'll head back to the Magic Kingdom today!


No comments:

Post a Comment