Guest Review-Disney Wonder 7 night Cruise

We had the absolute BEST time on our cruise.

The weather here got very cold and icy two days before we were leaving. It was very treacherous on our way out – going no faster than 20 mph on the highway until we got far enough south – but we made it! The weather was still cold and dreary in Galveston when we boarded the ship and I was worried my dream vacation was shot.

Getting through the terminal was a breeze and I actually felt a little rushed as it all happened so quickly for us. There was a bit of a wait to actually board, but once we got on we were excited. My little one made friends as soon as we got on (and continued to meet up with her friend in the lab and at various other functions – dancing and such). It was so cute! We explored the ship and had lunch at the buffet. The food was impressive – especially for a buffet! We checked into the kids club and made our way down to Guest Services where Gabriela gave us a birthday pin for our son and celebration pins for the rest of us; I inquired about the cake we ordered for him and I dropped some pillowcases off to be signed. We explored some more and settled in. Once the ship began to move, we were excited again as none of us had been on a cruise before. At dinner, we were extremely impressed! The food was great and plentiful, the service was excellent and my son’s cake was delivered accompanied by singing servers. It was definitely a birthday dinner he will never forget!


The next morning we awoke to sunny 70 degree weather. What a difference a day makes! We spent much of the second day outdoors swimming and eating J. The weather was just as delightful for the remainder of our cruise – it was exactly what we needed having left everything iced up back home.

On the second day, we received a note from Gabriela in our room welcoming us aboard and congratulating us because we were chosen as her Magical Family of the week. Throughout the week she delivered many more things – tickets to the Disney Friends Tea Party, warm cookies and milk upon returning from Key West, bandanas and pirate loot on pirate night & arcade cards. We felt pretty special!!! Gabriela is AWESOME!

While onboard the kids begged to spend time in the Oceaneers club & lab. Our time with them was very balanced though…it’s amazing how much free time you have when you have nothing to worry about J. We ate a lot and drank plenty too. We caught the tree lighting, The Golden Mickey’s, Toy Story The Musical, Disney Dreams & Remember the Magic. We swam, attended a tea party, we partied ALL night at the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party, we played shuffle board, ping pong and basketball, we met lots of characters, watched Disneys Planes & Frozen in the theatres and my kids danced in the lounges. My husband, my oldest daughter and I also played several games of Bingo. And then of course, my kids participated in and we watched the Friendship is Magic performance put on by the Kids clubs.

In Key West, we just had lunch and shopped. Castaway Cay was AMAZING!!! We spent the WHOLE day there on the beach, soaking up the sun and playing in the sand. Everyone got to snorkel, my boys had fun on the trikes, my oldest and my husband went bicycling around the island and my oldest and I went parasailing.


 In the Bahamas we scheduled a excursion to Blue Lagoon, before we left though we did go into Nassau and what an experience that was! We got my 4 year olds hair braided & picked up some fun souvenirs but that was about all that Nassau had for us. The ferry to Blue Lagoon was nice. Once we got there my kids were ecstatic to see the dolphins and even more elated to get in the water with them. We had lunch and spent most of the day there. We really enjoyed all of our ports of call.

Our stateroom was great! And our stateroom host was so willing to accommodate us. We were all excited to see what towel creation was in our room each night, and my kids loved sleeping in the fold out bunk beds.

We were VERY sad to leave our server and assistant server…they made us feel sooooo very special. My kids LOVED them!

Overall it was EXCEPTIONAL – the service, the food & the experience. I can’t imagine not having gotten to experience it! Everyone should do this at least once in a lifetime.

Thanks again for everything – you were truly a huge part in our very magical cruise!

-Amber

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the review. This has helped me out as we are planning our first Disney cruise for December 2015 same ship, route, and leaving out of Galveston.

    ReplyDelete