Ohana means Family!

As I wrap up this trip report it makes me sad...but more so it's been incredible to relive our vacation memories and share them.  I hope that our daughter also enjoys reading about her first trip someday.

Unfortunately for my report today my Dad forgot his camera so I'll make it short and sweet...plus steal some pictures from my favorite photographer, Lauren Kennedy (http://laurenkennedyphotography.com)

Tonight's dinner is one of our favorites and unfortunately word has gotten out about how great this restaurant is!  It can be very hard to get depending on the time of year you go. Thank goodness Disney has realized this and done something to help...although I'm not sure how much it helps.  Right when you get off the elevator at the Polynesian, located on the 2nd floor, you will find the check-in Podium for Ohana's.  It used to be that the podium was located over by the bar and everyone just got into a single file line...whether you had reservations or not.  Now, like many popular restaurants on property there are TWO lines.  The line on the left is for those hoping to grab a last minute spot and the line on the right is for those with reservations.  I think this is great for both parties.  The line for those without reservations won't guarantee you a seat but if you arrive around 4:30 p.m. you'll have a better chance.

We were seated rather shortly and the restaurant was very empty.  We ordered drinks and the food began showing up immediately. Now as much as I love this restaurant and the food, I have one major complaint.  We felt SOOO rushed during our experience. I went to Ohana years ago and it was a nice time. The food came in courses and you got to take your time and enjoy it. Now it seems they are so worried about turning the tables over that it's all rush, rush, rush. For that reason, I might purposely schedule a later dinner time when the restaurant is busier!!

Ok a couple of food pictures!!

First up is salad...with my favorite honey lime dressing (although it looks like they call it Mango Poppyseed...I didn't notice a change) with bread.


 Followed up by the chicken wings, noodles with broccoli and dumplings.

Next up is hubby's favorite...the meat!

Oh and don't forget the drinks!! The Pina Colava is my favorite but I have been known to drink out of a pineapple now and then...

Don't forget the entertainment! I love watching the kids do the coconut race!!


After dinner we sent Kennedy off with Nana and Papa and took a much needed date night over to the Magic Kingdom.  The Magic Kingdom is truly magical at night and we had an amazing time.  We did a few rides (Hubby loves Space Mountain again...yay!) had some snacks and just enjoyed a few kid free hours.  It's one of my favorite memories of the trip.

Next up...wrapping up the trip, breakfast at Kona Cafe and what will become of the blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment