Restaurant Review- Mama Melroses

Hello and howdy!! I'm writing to you as I view the blustery NY winter taking it's toll on my new trees outside. Don't worry though, I'm snug in my house with some fuzzy socks and the heat blasting on my feet, lol.

When we left off we were just about to have dinner at Mama Melroses. Before I start I want to say how wonderful all the restaurants were about accommodating our stroller. Often our little princess was far away, dreaming of the Mickey bars she'd one day eat and they would have no problem finding us a quite spot to tuck her stroller. This restaurant was no exception.


Mama Melroses is one of my favorite spots in all of Disney.  Forget the fact that the Studios is severely lacking in good eats, this restaurant would be one of my favorites regardless.Tucked away in a small, quiet corner of the park, Mama Melroses is a quiet, warm and inviting casual Italian restaurant.

For this meal the hubby and I started off with Ceasar salad and a bread basket was brough to the table.  As much as I love this resturant, I did not care for the salad at all.  It contained some limp lettuce, soggy croutons and way too much dressing. The bread was a HUGE hit though!!

For dinner, 3 of us had the Charred Strip Steak - Italian Roasted Potatoes and Cipollini Onions, Aged Balsamic-Shallot Butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction.  My dad had the Chicken Campanelle - wood-grilled chicken over Campanelle pasta tossed with Romanesco, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach and sweet Onions in a Four-Cheese Cream Sauce. Everyone loved their dish. My mom said this was the best steak she had the entire trip (I think it was the butter, lol). Everything was just wonderful.

Dessert was just as great!  Hubby and I had the Chocolate Canolli cake while my Mom had the Amaretto Cheesecake and Dad had some sorbet. All in all this restaurant did not disappoint, again.  We honestly love coming here and look forward to it each trip. I highly recommend a visit!!

After dinner it was finally time for my favorite Christmas treat....the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights!!

Here's a little backstory from www.allearsnet.com
Jennings Osborne, a Little Rock, Arkansas, businessman, began putting up lights nearly a decade ago, at the request of his young daughter.  Each year, he added to the displays. When he ran out of room, Osborne bought the two houses on either side of his home so he could continue his creativity. Neighbors complained, however, and the Arkansas Supreme Court ruled in October 1994 that Osborne's house, when adorned with the 3 million lights, was a public nuisance. Although legally barred from causing a "spectacle", Osborne still lit the display three nights. He was found in contempt of court and fined $1,500. The court suspended a 10-day jail sentence, but ordered him to pay $7,000 in attorneys' fees. In 1995, the Walt Disney Company brought the Osborne Christmas lights to Walt Disney World!

Everyone loved this just as much as I'd hoped! It really is an amazing thing! Here are some pictures and video.





Can't do Christmas at Disney without a funny hat!



Did I mention...it snowed?!??!?




And a video:




After dinner we stopped at Downtown Disney for a little shopping...but someone was getting SLEEPY!!


A few fun pics:


No we didn't buy this...lol

I should have bought this however!




I can't believe our trip is almost over! Next up...how we avoided the Biebs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment