Ohana-Breakfast

Good Morning and Happy Monday!! This restaurant review is one that I have really been looking forward to.

To be honest, hubby and I have never really done Character meals before. It's always just been the two of us so if we wanted to meet characters, we just do so in the parks, not for a whole meal. I was very excited about taking my little girl to one of these meals. She did great meeting Mickey and Pooh back in November when she was just 5 months old, and did great meeting the Easter Bunny so I thought she'd be the perfect age.

When I was contemplating what meal to do, I asked around for suggestions. My first though was to just stick to Cape May Cafe and not really leave the resort. But my little one is ALL over the place and a buffet didn't sound like a great idea. I didn't want to take a ton of time and head into a park. So after much consideration, I settled on Ohana at Disney's Polynesian.



To get there from the Beach Club we got up super early and were at the bus stop by 7 a.m. for our 8:05 a.m. reservation.

We had  a great bus driver and were the only ones on the bus!! He actually offered to drop me off right at the Polynesian but since I had planned so much time I told him to just drop us off at the Magic Kingdom.


 The park didn't open until 9 a.m. but Security was on hand for those early morning breakfast reservations!

We were headed to the Resort Monorail!

I had one sleepy baby on my hands...let's just say that we had Mommy/Daughter play time for about 4 hours in the middle of the night!

I love having an empty monorail!

Unfortunately when I stepped onto the monorail I slipped...my leg got caught between the monorail itself and the platform.  OUCH!

A few pictures as we make our way over to the Polynesian.

ouch...getting worse...

Ticket and Transportation Center...we are almost there!

When we arrived at the Polynesian I let a Cast Member know about my fall. She took my name and the time of the incident to let a manager know.  Ultimately it was just a bad bruise but I wanted someone to know what happened.  It was not Disney's fault at all, I should have watched my step as it was slippery.

We checked in at the Polynesian and while we waited had our picture taken. This is the ONLY picture of me our entire trip.  The staff just loved Kennedy and of course she hammed it up! Since I figured this was our only picture together this trip (we didn't take advantage of Photopass at all!!)


 We also got a photo included of all the characters Kennedy met!

We were seated pretty quickly and the food arrived shortly after!

She was already interested in everything going on in the restaurant!

Ok yumminess!! Here is a skillet of eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes. Behind that is a fruit tray.  They also brought out juice.  It was the same kind they serve at Boma...our favorite...and yes it's in the baby's bottle too!  After that was all served they came around with hot Mickey Waffles. I loved this meal not only for me but there was plenty for Kennedy!

First up was Lilo!


Stitch came and snuck up behind her...I think the concept was lost on Kennedy but it made for a great picture lol!

While we waited for Mickey and Pluto, the servers dropped off a Maraca for the parade...this was probably Kennedy's favorite part!

She loved to shake it!

The parade started! We opted to stay at our table but we got a great view!


Finally it was the big Man himself!


Kisses for Kennedy!

Here comes my only complaint/disappointment of the meal.  Pluto was completely disinterested in us.  This was the only picture I got and he walked away.


Even poor Kennedy was confused! Where was he going?

Overall it was a great meal and I would do it again in a heartbeat! Especially that early in the morning because we were served quickly but not rushed!

A few photos around the Polynesian before we headed over to EPCOT.

Back to EPCOT!

 Up next...EPCOT's Flower and Garden Festival and a bit more Mommy and Me time :)

1 comment:

  1. Great photos and post Amanda, but that sucks about your fall. Looks painful to boot. I hate when that ramp is slippery. I walk so carefully :-) Ohana's is a family favorite and I love the juice to! I think it is called POG, pommagranite, orange maybe grape?? Either way I love it! Kennedy is adorable, but your photos together are sweet.

    Suz

    ReplyDelete