Boardwalk Inn and Villa's

Today I get to share with you my favorite Disney Resort. Every since I was a small child I've had a special place in my heart for all things nostalgic.  Disney's Boardwalk just pulls on the right heart strings and I fell in love the minute I step foot through the door.

From www.waltdisneyworld.com
Timeless elegance meets old-fashioned charm at this waterfront Resort hotel. Delight in saltwater taffy-colored cottages, private courtyards and picturesque gardens—plus the ragtime sounds and carnival pastimes of the exciting Coney Island-style boardwalk. Reminiscent of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City, Disney’s BoardWalk Villas is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.


Location


One of the many reasons I love this resort is because of it's location.  It's practically right smack dab in the middle of everything! Just a short 10 minute walk to EPCOT, a boat ride or slightly longer 20 minute walk to Disney's Hollywood Studios and a quick bus ride to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom!

Plus there is so much to do and see within walking distance!! You have the entire Boardwalk area to explore PLUS Disney's Yacht and Beach Club and Disney's Swan and Dolphin resorts!



Amenities
Disney's Boardwalk offers a wide variety of shops and restaurants sure to please anyone! Located on the Boardwalk you will find:


  • ESPN Club
  • Boardwalk Bakery
  • Kouzzina (A Cat Cora Restaurant)
  • Seashore Sweets
  • Flying Fish Cafe
  • Big River Grille and Brewing Works
  • Jelly Rolls
  • Atlantic Dance Hall
You'll also find a variety of food vendors, Carnival style games and activities, bike/surrey rental and in the evening family entertainment like magicians!

I love the unique offerings here! Jelly Rolls dueling piano bar. This place is a ton of fun if you are looking for a fun, adults night out! Atlantic Dance Hall offers a variety of music as well DJ's for a more "club" type feel. Years ago this venue offered swing music as well as lessons and I loved going!

Of course in addition to these special amenities only found at Disney's Boardwalk, you will also find the regular amenities such as a pool and gift shop.


Rooms
There are a wide variety of rooms at Disney's Boardwalk Inn as well as Villa's. The standard rooms on the Inn side consist of 2 Queen beds and a split bath. I love the decor here. It's so calming!  You can also book different views such as standard, water as well as club level.


One of the unique offerings at this resort are the Garden Suites.  These suites have their own private entrance and have more of a homey feel!  


The have these adorable white picket fences too !  There is a living room on the first floor and the bedroom is on the 2nd.  In Club level there are other larger accommodations and if I ever win the lottery I'll tell you about them.

On the Villa side you will find Studio, 1, 2 and Grand Villa's.  The Studio's will offer a kitchenettes while the 1,2 and Grand Villa's will offer full kitchens.  


The Studio's are more like a standard room with a sofa instead of a 2nd bed while the larger Villa's offer as shared living room and a HUGE split bath with my favorite, a jacuzzi tub!


Themeing
I touched on it a bit but one of the reasons I love this resort is for the great balance between a quiet, relaxing resort and one that is more busy and exciting. I love staying at Disney's Beach Club but found it a bit too quiet for my liking. This resort has the colors, smells and sounds that just are reminiscent of a different time.  

I love this resort so much that my hubby and I had some of our wedding photos taken here. You just have to visit to understand the special feel this resort has!


I honestly don't have a lot of negative things to say about Disney's Boardwalk. It has far too many great things going for it! The main complaint I get about this resort is the scary pool...but to me the pro's far outweigh the one con!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment