Mommy and Me Trip 2015

Last week my husband and I made the decision for me to take the girls on an impromptu Christmas trip to Disney. I've thought long and hard about how I wanted to write this trip up and if I wanted to (or should) explain our thoughts behind this trip. I think it will be a fun trip to recap for those of you traveling with little one's so I'm taking the leap and sharing with you a bit more about the trip today.

First the why...I've been tossing the idea around of heading down to Disney to see the Osborne lights and get one more trip out of my annual pass for while. Did I NEED to go? No...no one every NEEDS to go, but it's certainly nice to dream about.  I checked airfare and hotel prices every once in a while but nothing every really lined up so for the time being it was a pipe dream.

Then one day I was working, and my kids were running around the house (as they love to do) acting like...well like kids.  I was trying to work, answering emails, making phone calls and I had to check the router in the living room as the internet wasn't working.  My 4 year old turned to me and said..."Mom...are you coming to play with me NOW?". My heart sank. I told her no I still had some work to finish. It seemed I was always saying 5 more minutes...so much so that it was incorporated into her pretend play and I often heard her say...just 5 more minutes!

When I started working from home 5 years ago it was just my husband and I. When I found out I was pregnant with Kennedy I was thrilled that I'd be able to stay home with her. While there are certainly a lot of pro's...there are in fact a lot of con's as well.  My kids miss me and I'm in the same room as them. I get to do fun things like baking in the middle of the day, or taking them to the park...but I also often had to work while all they want to do is play.

While I won't go into it more, we've been struggling with some behavior issues with Kennedy. That's when I told my husband that I'd really like to take both girls, by myself, to Disney for a few days. I want to unplug and just have Mommy and Me time, uninterrupted, in their favorite place. And the decision was made.


So here's the skinny!! We are flying down to Disney for just 3 nights the first week of December. The girls don't know and I'll be presenting Kennedy her Magic Bands once we arrive at the airport. We'll spend 2 full park days doing everything they love and just having time together. 


We sure will miss Daddy but we'll be back before he knows it!

We'll be staying at Disney's All Star Music and spending 2 full days in the parks. I'm still working on how to fit all of Walt Disney World in just 2 days but rest assured there will be lots of cupcakes and character meet and greets!



I'm so excited about this and I know it's going to be great to unplug and hang out with my favorite girls for a few days. Christmas is our favorite and we'll be squeezing in some of our favorite things...like Santa's at EPCOT and Osborne lights. Stay tunes for more info on traveling with little ones an what our plans include!

No comments:

Post a Comment