Mommy and Me Trip Planning

I've said it before and I'll say it again...travel agents can make the WORST clients!  When it comes to other people it's easy for me to make decisions based on my professional opinion. I can suggest the logical, and best way to tour the parks, which parks to visit, how many times to visit....etc, etc,etc...but when it comes to my own trip? Well I seem to change my mind over and over again!

The Girls (Christmas 2014)

Ultimately I took a step back and thought about the purpose of our last minute, Mommy and me trip!
  • Spending quality time with my kiddos at their favorite place
  • Seeing all their favorite characters
  • Taking advantage of all the Christmas we can squeeze in to 2 days!

There were a few things I knew I needed to include.
  • Osborne lights is a MUST! This was what spawned the whole trip!
  • Meeting Santa (and more characters) at EPCOT
  • A parade and fireworks
  • Did I mention the characters? That's Kennedy's FAVORITE part of Disney.
Since it's just me and the girls we won't be doing a ton of rides...even though Kennedy talks about Splash Mountain on a daily basis lol! Our schedule will likely revolve around character meet and greets, shows and family friendly rides.

Day 1
Since Characters are top of our to do list we'll be hitting up EPCOT! The kids love the Seas with Nemo and Friends and I'm super excited for the new color exhibit at Innoventions. After that we'll head to World Showcase for some character meet ups as well as checking out the Holiday's Around the World.There are different Storytellers in each Country and usually some special treats to enjoy as well.



In the early afternoon we'll make our way over to the Studios.  We have Fastpass's for Beauty and The Beast, Disney Jr. and For the First Time in Forever. We also plan to stop and see Sophia, Doc and Jake before checking out the Osborne Lights...and maybe sneaking a cupcake or two in there!  If we end up seeing the lights early enough (and the kids fall asleep in the stroller) I may head back to EPCOT for some holiday Illuminations and hot cocoa.

Day 2
After much debate, I finally bit the bullet about bought us Christmas party tickets. I saved a little by buying gift cards at Target (save 5% with your Redcard) as well as being an Annual Passholder. Kennedy is REALLY into Christmas this year, combined with an amazing parade, unique characters and so much more, I couldn't pass it up. That means we'll spend the WHOLE day here (with an attempted break in the afternoon). 

Luckily there is A LOT for us to do. We have Fastpass's to meet Cinderella, Rapunzel, Ariel and Mickey and we'll tackle some of the family friendly rides in the morning.

After our afternoon break we'll head back to the park for the Party. Our plan is lots more meet and greet's, the Christmas Parade and Fireworks. I'm really hoping I can get the kids to nap so they can stay up extra late. We don't have to leave early in the morning and I know they'll love EVERYTHING the party has to offer.

I can't wait to share with you how our plans unfold, and a few of the little surprises I've got for the kids along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment