One week and counting!

One of my favorite posts to write is our one week countdown.  This is when your trip starts to become a reality.  Laundry needs to be done, suitcases need to be pulled out and you can start crossing things off your list (you do have lists don't you?).

This trip is a bit unique for me since it's a work trip, but it's still Disney so many the same "rules" apply. Plus it's very odd to be traveling sans baby and hubby.  I don't have to think about packing diapers, or lugging around a stroller.  I'm going to miss them both terribly but I think I might make it through the airport in record time!

Seeing as though this is a work trip, my packing list changes just slightly but there some things that stay the same as with any Disney vacation.

Appropriate clothes
For this trip we've been asked to wear resort casual clothes...which can be tricky! You have to dress professional but "walking" shorts and sneakers are ok.   I've done my best to mix the two while keeping in mind that some times we'll be in chilly conference rooms while other times we'll be outside. The temps right now are looking to be in the low 80's. 

Comfortable shoes
Usually when I travel to Walt Disney World I bring two main pairs of shoes; sneakers and my all time favorite crocs (that they don't make anymore)

For this trip the crocs will probably not join me as they are not business appropriate. They are my most comfortable shoe so it's been a struggle to figure out what else to bring. I have a pair of Airwalks as well as another pair of dressy walking sandals that I'll be bringing. Remember when you are bringing shoes, don't bring new shoes and try and bring 2 pairs of shoes to switch on and off. Also remember to pack band aids for those blisters!

Toiletries
I've debated several times about whether or not I'm going to check a bag but when it comes down to it, a) I over pack and b) I don't like bringing just little travel size bottles of toiletries.  Some things on my list are:
  • Shampoo/Conditioner
  • Facial Soap
  • Razor/Shaving Cream
  • Deoderant
  • Lotion
  • Makeup
  • Brushes/hair dryer/straightener
  • Hair lotions
Check out this post here to read about my favorite curly hair products. I've recently cut my hair short and am trying out some new straightening products. I'll let you know when I get back how they held up to the Florida humidity!!  Other toiletries I always bring are band aids and sunscreen

Electronics
Without exception every trip I bring my laptop along but especially this trip. For those of you that are clients, my response time might be delayed a bit but I will be responding to emails. Of course I'll have my cell phone too, as well as my Nook for the plane ride.  Don't forget to pack those chargers as well!  My new favorite product is my portable cell charger for when I'm not close to my actual charger or a wall outlet.
Bag
Without the baby I'm free of the diaper bag this trip.  Since that's what I carry 99% of the time at home I wasn't sure what to bring for the trip. I wanted something small to carry just my cell, camera and money/ID.  The Vera Bradley Mini Hipster is perfect for this trip. It's lightweight and has just enough room for everything I need! Plus I got it on sale on Ebay because the print I like is discontinued.

Out of everything that needs to be done this week, I think packing is the easiest!! Probably since it's just for me!  
  • Pack up the baby who will be staying between my house with my hubby, my good friend Andrea and my parents
  • Schedule some blog and Facebook posts for all of you while I'm gone
  • Check in online for both the resort and the airline (as well as printing boarding passes)
  • Clean the house and grocery shop for the hubs
  • Etc, etc, etc
I'm getting very excited for everything I'll be learning next week as well as checking out the Flower and Garden Festival, new Fantasyland, the Disney Dream and much more!

I'll be tweeting and instagraming LIVE while I'm gone so don't forget to stay connected!

Twitter


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment