Girls Getaway Trip Planning-Itinerary and Dining

With a little less than 5 weeks to go, I thought I would share with you today some details of our plans! This trip was VERY different not only from most trips we take but from most trips I plan for my clients.  Here are a few reasons why:

1) No children
2) No husbands
3) No dining plans
4) I'm pregnant

Not only that but we are trying to squeeze a lot of things into a limited amount of time!  It's a tough combo between what we can do, what we want to do and only having 4 days to do it!!

So let's jump right in! Lauren is attending an amazing Travel Agent training and we decided to sneak a few days in ahead of time as long as she's flying to Florida anyway!




Arrival
We originally planned to arrive on Thursday but after doing a little digging we found that if we flew in a night early we'd save money AND get more time at Disney!  We'll be arriving later in the day so our plan is to pick up our rental car and grab Earl of Sandwich before calling it an early night. I'm very excited for a Holiday Sandwich!


Day 1
Our first day will be a Magic Kingdom day, the best way to start off our trip!  We'll be taking things slow and doing all the things we miss when we rush around the parks trying to hit up all the big attractions. Plus we'll be taking lots of pictures AND we bought Photopass+  so we can come back and report how we like it.

The park closes early for the Christmas Party and we have special plans. We are having dinner at California Grill. It was already one of our favorite restaurants so we can't wait to see the renovations!!


Day 2
Today we originally had other plans but once I found out I was pregnant we had to do a little adjusting.  Since I can't ride many things at Animal Kingdom we'll just be heading there for the morning.  We'll spend some time seeing the shows, checking out the animals and of course eating!

That night we have plans to start the Christmas fun by going to Hollywood Studios for Osborne Family Lights and dinner! Lauren has never seen the lights and they are one of my favorite things that Disney does so I'm very excited about this!


Day 3
We have another Magic Kingdom day planned PLUS we have FastPass+ reservations for Be Our Guest. I've toured the restaurant but never eaten here and Lauren has never done either.  Magic Kingdom is our favorite so we had to plan 2 full days here (although we might decide to sneak over to EPCOT later)



Day 4
Our last full day will be spent experiencing Christmas at EPCOT. As much as I love Magic Kingdom, I really love how EPCOT does Christmas. I wish Candlelight Processional had already started but we are still hoping to catch as much Christmas as we can by touring World Showcase. We'll end the trip at one of our favorite restaurants, La Hacienda for Illuminations.



Day 5
I have a late flight today and Lauren doesn't need to check-in to training until late afternoon so we have plans to head to the Wilderness Lodge for breakfast before I go.



On top of our specific plans, since we are taking things slowly we'll try and fit in some resort touring as well.  I'm excited for a relaxing weekend of eating and hanging out with one of my favorite people. We are also excited to try Photopass+, test out MagicBands and more!  We'll be bringing back tons of information and pictures!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Sounds perfect! The Magic Kingdom is my favorite and I just adore the Candlelight Processional. I really want to visit again while they are doing it. I got spoiled when I saw it two years in a row both times with Gary Sinise.

    ReplyDelete