Trip of a Lifetime-Day 8

Today was our last port day and we'd be in Ketchikan. We we woke up to our first day of bad weather. It was raining pretty hard and since we had no specific plans, we laid low for the morning.





There was a Double Up Jackpot Bingo at 10 a.m. so after breakfast that's where we headed. That's where you could find us most days, lol.

After another round of losing BINGO, we  decided to play another round of Chip It Golf (DH loves golf, the rest of us weren't that great).

Despite the rain we decided to bundle up and head off the ship.  We didn't have specific plans for the day but really wanted to explore the town.  The ship was pretty empty at this point!

I have to say that when I think of going to Alaska, Ketchikan was it. This town was everything I was hoping to see in Alaska (albeit a little Touristy).  We loved exploring!

We even got to see Santa Clause! I sent out a few postcards and we bought a few Christmas Ornaments.

How could we not stop in a shop called Ketchicandies??

We of course had to grab some as souvenirs.

A lot of the shops had the same touristy kind of gifts but we had a lot of fun exploring and even brought a few gifts home :) Not these....


It was still really overcast so you couldn't see much but I can't express how much I loved this little town.

My favorite gift from this trip was my Whale Tail necklace that hubby bought me :)

It was still raining pretty hard and we were soaked and a bit chilly.


Upon returning to the ship we were greeted with hot chocolate and cookies! YUM!  We headed upstairs to have lunch and had beautiful views of the rain and Ketchikan.

After taking some hot showers we got ready for the evening. First up was a Ventriloquist show that was pretty hysterical.

After the show we all headed outside as it was time to pull away from our last port.  The sun had started to come out and I couldn't believe how gorgeous Ketchikan was!

 We even had some special appearances as we pulled away from town!


We headed back in and tried to catch a few more special friends!

It was time for dinner and for tonight's menu was the Taste of Alaska!

I think Tritons is one of my favorite restaurants! It's so pretty and soft :)

After dinner the lobby had a piano player and some character meet and greets.

Poor Stitch was all alone and no one was in his line.

So he decided to join some friends!


I had been looking forward to Match Your Mate for the last few cruises.  We never seemed to catch is so we were sure to show up early and snag seats!


It was hysterical! I'm so glad we finally caught it!

It was finally time for bed. Only one full day left on this amazing trip!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment