Day 2 Trip Planning

Good Morning!!  So this morning I'm dealing with a common trip planning dilemma! Often when I'm planning  client's vacations they arrive over the weekend and the first place they want to go is Magic Kingdom. That's why historically, Monday's are a busy day at the Magic Kingdom. I understand the thought. Most people relate Walt Disney World with the Castle. Heck I've even met people who refer to the Magic Kingdom as Walt Disney World, even though Walt Disney World encompasses EVERYTHING.



I've gone over and over this day in my head about a million times. I've really struggled to figure out our best option.  If it were up to me we'd spend our first full day at EPCOT.  Magic Kingdom is slated to be busy and no one wants to start off their vacation like that!  If you've been a reader of this blog or if you follow me over at Mousechicks you'll know I'm a HUGE fan of EPCOT! I think we'd have an amazing time there and more than enough to do!  To me it would be the perfect start to our vacation.

Ultimately I think the Magic Kingdom will win out. It's hard to start our Disney vacation anywhere else. Despite Josh's warnings over at easywdw.com, I think we are going to brave it!  The crowd calendar only lists today a 3 out 10 so we will be ok!!

Here is the plan...I'm DYING to see more of Fantasyland so we'll head through Tomorrowland to get Space Mountain Fast Passes before heading to Fantasyland.

I'd like to ride Dumbo, Small World, Peter Pan and Mickey's Philharmagic first thing, depending on when our fast passes are for. Then we'll head back to Tomorrowland for Space Mountain, Carousel of Progress, Buzz and Laugh Floor.  Then it will be lunch time if we are lucky!!

After we take an afternoon break, we'll head back for Dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe and more Magic Kingdom time. The park is open until 9 so we should be back plenty early for some rest before an early morning!

4 comments:

  1. I could spend my entire trip at the MK, but it will always have a big place in my heart. It's like a home to me. I think a 3 would be doable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Amanda... we are arriving on a Friday. I love going to EPCOT first (and last and maybe once in the middle) but, Cheryl prefers Magic Kingdom. 247 days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get me wrong...Magic Kingdom is probably my favorite place in the entire world!! I just like being at the right place at the right time. It's hubby's family's first REAL trip to Disney, staying on property with meal plan...the WHOLE shebang. I just want it to be pefect :)

    Tom I do love EPCOT and I'm so glad you do too!! It's tough trying to convince clients sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EPCOT is my DD9's favorite park!! It has been our traditional first day park since she was 5! Sadly, her favorite ride, Test Track, is closed for rehab right now. :( we leave tomorrow and can't wait to get there first!

    ReplyDelete