Trip Planning Day 7 and Recap

It's finally here...our last FULL Day.  It makes me sad and we haven't even left yet!!  I hope that by reading my blog you aren't just getting a little insight into what I like to do at Disney but how I plan a Disney vacation. Of course every Disney vacation is different but many of the same rules apply.

Any guesses as to where we are spending our last day? It shouldn't be a surprise....


I want to stop here to tell you a little story about my husband.  When we met 4 years ago, he had only been to Disney once when he was a kid. They drove down and only went to the Magic Kingdom and he remembered very little of the trip.  Still he told me he loved Disney and that is one of the things that attracted him to me.    We soon began planning our very first trip with one of my best friends...you know her as Photographer Lauren (and her husband Pat).  We planned 10 nights together at Walt Disney World and had the most amazing time!

The day we were going to leave we had a bit of time before the flight.  My husband was seriously upset about leaving and decided we need to go say Good-Bye to the Castle and Magic Kingdom.  I knew right then and there we were perfect for each other!!

Every trip we take, the last place we go is the Magic Kingdom. Preferably the day of our flight but sometimes we just cant squeeze it in. This trip will end in true Mann Family fashion with a day at Magic Kingdom. If I know my hubby he'll want to upgrade us to 8 day tickets and head over there in the morning as well....we'll see!!

Another one of our traditions is to have our last meal at Ohana.  There are a few restaurants I rave about to my clients. Ohana is not usually one of them and that is simply because it needs to be booked 180 days in advance! Either that or you have to be willing to a) Wait in a long "standby" line or b) eat at 9:30 at night!

I'll admit that while I've never been a fan of the rooms at the Polynesian, I do love this resort!! IF they are in fact opening a DVC here in the future...we might become owners!
 

We love coming here for the ambiance...the drinks....


...and the food!! Ohana is one of our favorite meals. From beginning to end we love everything! Ohana is served family style.

First they start you off with some Bread and a salad with a honey-lime dressing. Then come the
Honey Coriander Chicken Wings and  Pork fried dumplings.

A large plate of noodles and stir fried veggies will accompany the meat that has been cooked over an open fire and served to you on large skewers!


Marinated Sirloin Steak
  • Spicy Grilled Peel - n - Eat Shrimp
  • Oak Grilled Chicken
  • Asian Barbecued Pork Loin 

      And last but NEVER least, one of my all time favorite desserts... 'Ohana bread pudding served a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce!!! OH how I love bread pudding!


      Oh and don't forget the entertainment!!

      Be forewarned...there is singing, dancing, kids games and more! If you are looking for quiet place to eat...this isn't it!

      After dinner we'll head back to the Magic Kingdom for fireworks and the park is open until 11 p.m. Since are flight isn't until the following afternoon we'll probably stay out pretty late. Luckily Kennedy sleeps really well in her stroller!!



      With just 9 days and counting we still have a lot to do.  They'll be more planning posts coming!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment