Fall Trip Recap-Resort Review

I've been thinking about this review for a few days now. I want to give everyone my honest thoughts but I also want to be clear that every family has different needs and what works for us (or doesn't), doesn't necessarily hold true for every family.



For this trip we stayed at Disney's Pop Century!


Pros:
-Preferred room..so glad we booked it! We were about as close to the lobby as we could get. That made getting refills in our mugs super easy! It was also great at night when Kennedy was sound asleep and we didn't have a long walk from the buses.



-Cost!  If you are looking for an affordable way to visit Disney, don't hesitate to stay in a value resort.  The rooms are clean and your kids will love the themeing!!

-Location, Location, Location!  A lot of my clients worry about how close they are to the Magic Kingdom. While I encourage every client to visit ALL four theme parks, rest assured that once the bus arrives, it was only about 15 minutes away!

-The food court had a great variety of food and we never felt that we couldn't find something to eat.   We used a few snack and counter service credits here!


Cons:
-We ran into some unfriendly Cast Members at the front desk on several occasions. No matter what type of resort we've stayed at, we've always received amazing guest service. This was not the case this trip.  One morning I went to the front desk because Kennedy was sick and I need to find out where I could take her since we had no car and no car seat. The Cast Member was rude and curt...not what I needed in that moment.

-The size of the rooms at the value resorts is small...that is a fact.   It's doable and probably a great fit for those traveling with older children that don't nap.  We had a hard time with the logistics of the room.  We finally moved the pack n' play behind the curtain outside of the bathroom to separate us and the baby. This is where a family suite would have worked great!!


- If you are looking for a quiet resort, this is not it! Except for the few mornings I was at the Food Court when it opened, it was often loud and crazy...and not everyone is polite!  

-Almost every time we left a park at closing, the Pop Century line was longer than any other Resort!


Would we stay here again? Maybe in a few years. We love the amenities and themeing at the Moderates and Deluxes and we like to have a bit of extra space. If we are traveling without Kenendy we would consider a value resort again, but with small children I would recommend a Family Suite or  a moderate for a bit of additional space. 

The bottome line is, each resort offers something a bit different and you need to find what works for you. I have no concrete complaints about this resort. The room was clean, Mousekeeping was wonderful, we loved the food and the pool!!  

If you need help choosing a Disney resort, contact me today! Part of working with a Disney Travel Expert includes advice on which resort is perfect for your family!

1 comment:

  1. My biggest concern with the values has always been transportation. I'm not a very patient person when it comes to waiting in line.

    You know better than I that running into a less-than-friendly cast member is rare but, it really can make your vacation turn sour.

    I'm really enjoying your recap!

    ReplyDelete