Disney Side Home Celebration Preparation!

I'm so excited to finally share with you what the theme of our Disney Side Home Celebration is! I've been really anxious since I was selected to pick a theme...and so inspired by all the themes other bloggers, mom's and Disney lovers have selected. Even though our party kit came with TONS of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party supplies, we decided to go another route...something a little less traditional.

The theme for our party is based on a location that holds a special place in our hearts. It's somewhere we visit every trip, in one way or another. It's a place that holds special memories and a place that we seem to miss quite often!



Our Disney Side party is going to be based on Disney's Polynesian Resort...and more specifically 'OHANA!!

Let me share a bit more with you about our love for Disney's Polynesian Resort. I'm going to work my way slightly backwards!  My husband had always planned on proposing during our trip to Disney in June 2009...however he got impatient and actually proposed a few months early. The nice thing about this is our good friend and favorite photographer Lauren Kennedy was able to take some pre-engagement pictures right on the beach!


Next up was our wedding...since our favorite place to eat is 'Ohana it was a given our rehearsal dinner would be there! We just love the feel, smells and sounds of this resort!

 We were also lucky enough to stay in a Theme Park View Club level room on the last night of our honeymoon.


And finally...our pure and simple love of 'Ohana...one of Disney's most popular and sought after restaurants!



So now for the party plans!! Since the weather has been so cold and snowy, celebrating Island style is just what we all need! We'll have a variety of Polynesian themed decorations and games, along with....an Ohana style menu! We'll be preparing:
  • Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
  • Yakisoba Noodles
  • Honey Coriander Chicken
  • Steamed Veggies
And by far my favorite part of the day...DOLE WHIP! While I'd love a Lapu Lapu, being 29 weeks pregnant when the party is here, I figure Dole Whip it is!



Be sure to follow me on Pinterest. Most of my ideas and recipes are posted there and I'll be sharing party pictures both there and on Facebook!




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Excellent party theme! We love the Polynesian - and 'Ohana - also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait!! Do you need anything?

    ReplyDelete