Get Your Kicks on Route 66!

This morning on Facebook I posted this picture and asked "Do you know where I am?"




A few years ago I was lucky enough to take a trip out West with my Dad. My Dad and I have traveled together quite a bit and we had previously made a trip out to Yosemite and Monterey a few years earlier.

This time around, I had a conference in Las Vegas to attend (not my thing!) so we decided to take a trip out to the Grand Canyon.  We stayed in a small town (Williams) outside of the Grand Canyon and had a great time!



On our way back home we diverted off of Rt 40 for a bit and hopped on the old Route 66.  As we drove along we came to the town of Seligman.  Now this was long before I had kids and while I was aware of the movie Cars, I hadn't watched and didn't really know much about it.  I was so excited when we arrived to see a few familiar faces!!



After doing a little digging I found out that Seligman was part of the inspiration for the movie (the cars didn't have eyes back then, lol). Delgadillo's Snow Cap Drive-In was a big reason for that! According to some reports/stories I've read, John Lasseter met Delgadillo's brother who told him how dead the town was since Rt 40 had been built. Both Delgadillo brothers have credits in the film!


Hope you enjoyed a little more of my Disney Side today! And if you didn't catch it early...there is a hidden Mickey in this post!






Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment