Animal Kingdom Lodge Review

We were lucky enough to be put up at Disney's Animal Kingdom lodge during our travel agent training.  Arriving the night before, my roomie and I decided that we would stay at the lodge as well. Our first night was spent in a Studio Villa and the rest of the week we were in a standard room.

Let's start with our villa! I checked in online and under the request section, it was populate with Savannah view and Arusha view. I figured what the heck, and checked the boxes. Our villa was booked as a standard view.


Check in was extremely easy! I just showed ID and was given my room card.  Once my roomie showed up, we made our way through the lobby to our room. We were super lucky that we were upgraded to a Savannah view facing Kidani Village!

I really love the Studios vs. Standard rooms because they have more  of a divided space instead of 2 Queen beds (if your kids don't mind sleeping on the pull out couch).

After checking out the room, we decided to explore the resort a bit before dinner at Jiko.

I don't have any pictures but later that evening we had dinner at Jiko. It was very good! The service was amazing and we had a really great time. Even if you aren't staying at the Lodge, this is definitely a meal I would recommend.

The next day we checked out of our Villa and into a standard room. I didn't take a picture ( you'll see why in a second) but from WaltDisneyWorld.com-

Now our room was a FAR walk to the lobby...let me show you.

But the walk didn't matter too much for us...because when we got to our room, look what we saw!

Yup! Giraffe's! At one point there was 5 of them (plus a few zebra's, antelopes and an Ostrich!)

Overall I loved the resort as usual. It's a gorgeous property with lots of fun activities and wonderful places to eat. We enjoyed by Jiko and Boma during our stay there. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, even without having a Savannah view!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. We stayed there a couple of years ago and had a room at the very end too. The view of the animals made it okay. But at the end of the day when you were tired that walk was killer. Love the Animal Lodge, great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your review! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete