Kennedy Update

First of all I'd like to thank all of your for your kind words, emails, thoughts and prayers.  I can't express how grateful I am to have such amazing people in my life!

Many of you have emailed asked for an update on Kennedy's condition.This morning my brave girl had a CT scan so we could get a better idea of what was going on. The original diagnoses came after a Chest Xray looking for pneumonia, so they needed a better idea of what exactly was going on.   Kennedy did amazing (I think I cried more than she did).

This afternoon we received a surprising  call from the surgeon's office. Kennedy was misdiagnosed with a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. What they have now found is she has a Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia. I don't know much yet but what this means is her stomach has squeezed through her diaphragm up into her chest next to her esophagus. 

This new diagnoses will still require surgery as well as a week in the hospital, followed by a feeding tube in her stomach for 2 months.  I don't know that we received good news per say, but this procedure will be done laparoscopically which is far less invasive, and for that we are thankful. Surgery will happen in 2 weeks so please continue to keep my sweet girl in your thoughts.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. This makes my heart sick- Praying for your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your sweet girl, your entire family and the doctors and nurses who will be taking care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I don't know how I missed this. I am so sorry Amanda. I will include you and your family in my prayers. Let us know how she and you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete