Late Animal Kingdom Day

Every time I visit Animal Kingdom it's bright and early in the morning. It's what I recommend for my clients too. Not only because it's a great time to see the animals but because this is a park that I really love and I think it deserves enough time to see it all. 

Because this trip was for business, we were busy from bright and early in the morning until late afternoon. For that reason we didn't arrive at Animal Kingdom until about 4:30 p.m. after spending the day on the Disney Dream!

The park wasn't too busy which was really nice. If the park is open until 8 p.m. this is a great time to visit!
The details of this park is one of the reasons I love it so much!


There are more than 320 animals carved in the Tree of Life! If you have time, it's fun to pick them out!

First stop was Dinoland! I hear a lot of people complain about this section of the park, Hester and Jester Dino-Rama especially! I think this is such a fun part of the park with an awesome back story!

I might butcher this story a bit but here goes...Dinoland was a small town where some scientists just happen to unearth some Dinosaur fossils. A bunch of grad students got together to purchase the land to dig some more. They founded the Dino Institute (Dinosaur!).   Chester and Hester were two locals that decided to cash in on the Dino Institute and set up a carnival in the parking lot (check out the parking lot lines on the ground). I think it's such a creative idea!!

After Dinoland it was off to Everest.  I think this area is tied with Harambe as being my favorite place to walk around in Animal Kingdom. Check out that detail!

We had a little time to kill before our dinner reservation so we decided to head to Pangani Forest Exploration trail.  On our way there we ran into a little show. The dancers were amazing!

We were finally ready for dinner. We had dinner reservations at Yak and Yeti. I've had the counter service here, but not the table service.  We checked in and just as we sat down at the bar they called our name.

First up were our drinks...sooo yummy!


We had a late lunch so we decided to split the lettuce cups and pot stickers. We made a great choice!

For dessert we had the Fried Won Tons

Overall I really enjoyed this restaurant! The food and service was great and the restaurant was really cool. The themeing was awesome AND if you are there late in the afternoon, you can request to head upstairs to watch it! Just let your server know so they don't think you abandoned your table.

By the time we were done, it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom (park was closing).  The sunset was gorgeous!


We had a very short visit and didn't get to see everything this trip, but we had a great dinner and enjoyed walking around. For those who think this park is no more special than your local zoo, you have to give it a try! Trust me!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


No comments:

Post a Comment