Guest Post From J.R. Day 3, Part 2

 Ahhh….Art of Animation. So much to look at!

Even the bathrooms are works of art.

The only issue I had were all the unrulely children, running around. Kind of like this boy who pushed his way past me, yelling, and booked it out of the restroom, and into the neighboring arcade before his adult could catch him. I guess lots of kids are to be expected at a value, especially one so heavily themed and geared towards kids, but I was use to Pop Century, where I hardly see kids of this magnitude or caliber. Maybe decades aren’t crazy kid friendly? I don’t know. Honestly, that picture I took of the front desk doesn’t even show the chaos that was near the arcade and gift shop area. I should have taken a picture, but I think I was busy dodging running children.

We really wanted to check out the rooms, so I spoke to a CM, who informed me we just missed the resort tour they do daily at 12:30pm. We decided to take advantage of the food court while we were there, so it wasn’t a wasted trip.

I love all the details. So much to look at.

Strangely empty...with lots of options.


The food was pretty yummy and I enjoyed the calming environment, which was a huge change from what we saw in the lobby. I think this, and all the art on the grounds, was the saving grace. I left still feeling excited about our fall stay here.

After lunch, we headed back to Animal Kingdom Lodge, took a nap and got ready for dinner at Artist Point. We ended up running late, and had to wake up Hana to go. Something we would regret later. My mom had yet to see the Wilderness Lodge resort, so I was excited for her. I think it is gorgeous. Sadly, she only got to see it at night. She did love the lobby and wandered some more after dinner.

This was our first time at Artist Point, and the food didn’t disappoint. However, I couldn’t make an early reservation, and Hana didn’t nap so well, so she was just far too tired to behave.

Luckily, after a bottle, she zonked out and slept for the duration of our dinner. Poor thing.
As for our food, I had the Filet Mignon, which came with a hazelnut crunch donut filled with sweet potatoes. Honestly, I just wanted the donut. My husband had the scallops, which the risotto it came with was delicious.


My mom jumped out of her comfort zone and had the Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin. I really liked hers.



For dessert, we had the Orange Blossom Lace Cannoli. My mom’s family is Italian and takes certain things very seriously. One being cannoli filling. It came as no surprise that she was disappointed at the lack of authenticity with this. However, I told her it was an interpretation of a cannoli and not meant to be traditional. All that matters is, it was pretty darn good. She agreed to disagree. Anywho, another night going to bed stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment