DIY Glitter Mickey Shirts

Disclaimer...I'm not a crafty person. After a few requests on how to create the shirt below, I decided to share how we did. I don't claim for it to be the best way and it's certainly not the only way!


We've always bought shirts on Etsy for our Disney trips. My mom decided to purchase a Cricut so we could try our hand at making them for ourselves.  She bought the Cricut Explore.


It took me a little while to figure out how it works.  There seems to be 2 different ways to use this.
  1. Print and cut. With this method you can print on your color printer, then bring it back to the cricut and it will cut it out for you. I have some plain white Iron on paper that I'll try this option with later.
  2. Just cut...that's the method I finally figured out to make the above shirt.
Ok so here's how we did it...it's actually pretty simple. I used Cricut's online design program, Design Space.  I bought a Mickey head silhouette ($1.49) and simply made it the size I was looking for.  I had bought some Glitter Vinyl paper at Michaels. I think it was about $8 for 4 colored sheets.

You simply put the Iron on Vinyl on the green mat that comes with the machine...click GO and it cuts out the shape!I repeated this with the Snowflake and Kennedy's name.


 After all were cut out my Mom cut some of the "arms" off the snowflake and lined them up with the Mickey Head.  Layout your design, cover with a pillowcase and iron for about 40 seconds... VOILA!

I'll be trying a  few more things about before we leave so stay tuned!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Be sure to like me on Facebook! 
www.facebook.com/LivingWithTheMagic

No comments:

Post a Comment