Restaurant Review-La Hacienda De San Angel

Last time I checked in we had just been heading back to our hotel for some downtime before going to dinner. We had late dinner reservations at 8:00 p.m. at La Hacienda De San Angel.

EPCOT is one of my favorite places to be at night. It's just so pretty and there is something magical and special about it.  The park was a bit busier than normal because of the Candlelight Processional.  We opted to skip it this year because I didn't know how the baby would do and I didn't want to get seats and have to leave. I was SHOCKED at how early people were showing up!  Later in the week we were at EPCOT and around 3:15 p.m. there were already a good number of people in the stand by line for the 5:30 p.m. show.  The line for people with tickets wasn't much better. I can't imagine the craziness when it gets closer to Christmas!!

We had about 30 minutes until our reservation so we decided to take the long way to Mexico.  We decided we would do no shopping or anything, but just take a leisurely stroll over around the World Showcase 
Lagoon.

Since we'd have an hour and a half before Illuminations we waited until right about 8 p.m. to check in to La Hacienda De San Angel. I requested a window seat and was told that IF a window table was available when our name came up then they could accommodate us. Basically you can't wait for a window seat.

Our buzzer went off fairly quickly so we were pretty sure we didn't get our request. Low and behold we had an amazing table right in front of the window!! We decided it would be a leisurely dinner so we started off by ordering drinks (A Mango Blueberry Basil Maragrita for me and  Dos Equis for my hubby) and some appetizers. We ordered:

Taquiza - taco trio featuring Rib eye taco with chipolte salsa, roasted chicken taco with salsa verde, and Chilorio (marinated pork)

and 

Queso Fundido - melted cheese with poblano peppers, chorizo, and flour tortillas


The Taco's were amazing! If you have eaten at the counter service location during the day, they were pretty much the same.  The Queso was also very good. A different consistency then I'm used to with Queso but the flavor was amazing!!

After the appetizers were finished we placed our dinner order. I have to say our Server was amazing! He was incredibly patient and attentive. We didn't feel rushed at all!!

For dinner, my hubby and I split the La Haciend which is a Mixed grill offering flank steak, chicken al pastor, chorizo and vegetables, served with beans and fresh salsas. My mom got the Arrachera - Flank steak served with spring onions, tamal with rajas, cactus leaves, and beans and my dad got the Pollo al Pastor -Achiote marinated chicken served with roasted vegetables, beans and pineapple relish.

I can't say enough about this food. It was one of the best restaurants of the entire week.  I can only speak for the Mixed Grill (although my parents gave rave reviews to their dishes).  The chicken was the moistest chicken I have ever had. The steak was cooked perfectly and we LOVED the Chorizo! My hubby loved the vegetables although I didn't try them.  

After dinner we ordered coffee and dessert (Apple Empanadas for everyone).  Just after dessert arrived, the lights were dimmed in the restaurant and Illuminations began.

After the show the restaurant applauded and my Mom said she's watching Illuminations like this every time. It was truly an amazing experience with wonderful food. A perfect ending to the evening.

After dinner we headed over to the Boardwalk (my favorite resort) to check out the Christmas decorations and wander around a bit.

Next up...Cape Canaveral and Kennedy's first trip to the Ocean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment