Restaurant Review-Via Napoli

Hey Gang!! Christmas has kept it pretty crazy busy around here so I apologize for the lack of posts! When we left off we were just about to enter Via Napoli for dinner.

I want to back up for a second. It's been quite a few years since I have dine in an of the Italian restaurants in ECPOT..mainly for one reason.

This is L’ Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante. It was definitely one of my all time favorite restaurants at Disney. At Alfredo's, pasta was made by hand every day. They had an amazing Fettuccine Alfredo on the menu and to die for Tiramisu. Sadly the restaurant closed in 2007

So I admit I've been a little gun shy to try either of the new restaurants. HOWEVER...Via Napoli has been getting rave reviews so we thought, let's try it! I'm still not brave enough for Tutto Italia as I'm afraid I will be overly disappointed.

Our reservation was for 7 p.m. and we were seated practically right away. There was quite a long line outside for those without a reservation. This is why it's so important to make your dining reservations in advance...or better yet, let your Travel Agent do it for you!!

I'm sad to say we don't have any pictures so I'll be borrowing a few.  First thing I ordered is one of my favorite drinks, a Bellini!! Bellini's are made with Peach Nectar and Sparkling wine. So yummy!!  My Mom ordered a Rosa Regale and Hubby had some Sangria.

One of the things I was most looking forward to on the menu was the Arancini which are friend balls of Risotto.  My dad wanted to try the Calamari and since my hubby was feeling adventurous, they decided to split it.  My husband and I don't really eat seafood but he's been wanting to try it more and more.  He deemed it delicious and they both really enjoyed it!

Three of us decided on Pizza's for dinner while my Dad ordered the Veal Parmesean.  Via Napoli is known for it's wood fired authentic Pizza's so we were pretty excited. Mom and hubby ordered pepperoni (lol boring I know!) and I ordered Prosciutto e Melone without the melon. It came with Fontina and Mozzerella cheese as well as Prosciutto.  It was a tad on the salty side but it was SOOOO good. Hubby said this might be the best pizza he's ever had!!

We were all stuffed but there is no way I was missing dessert. I of course ordered the Tiramisu as did my Hubby. My mom ordered the Zeppole and my dad just had a few scoops of Lemon Sorbet.  Everything was just amazing!!


Overall we absolutely loved this restaurant. Maybe it's just me and my soft spot for Italian men but they were all so nice and courteous. Toward the end of our meal our server was seated with a very large party and we think one of them might have been a celebrity.  He took a while getting back to us for our dessert orders, although he did have someone come and clear our plates.  When we received our bill we noticed he comped our appetizers. We didn't complain or say anything so it was completely unnecessary.  This restaurant was all around just fabulous and we can't wait to go back!!


1 comment:

  1. We also decided to go here after our evening at the Processional. I was one of those without an ADR - but they have such a wonderful staff who sat us quite orderly. It was much needed with 3 hungry teenagers. We all had water and shared the largest pizza available. It was enough for the 5 of us, plus some leftovers. Two thumbs up from my family also!

    ReplyDelete