Restaurant Review- Raglan Road

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!!! Today's post will be short but sweet. My dad forgot his camera so we don't have any pictures (I'll be borrowing a few).

After we got back to the room we did a quick change and headed to Downtown Disney. Raglan Road is one of our favorite restaurants and is located in Pleasure Island.  We were seated fairly quickly although the restaurant looked pretty busy. We were seated in one of the rooms off to the side which was great for us with the baby.

To begin with we ordered drinks. I had a Sangria which is  blend of Magners Cider, Peach Schnapps and Fruit Liqueurs & squeezes, while my dad ordered just a Magners Cider.  Hubby ordered a Beer Flight although I can't remember the 4 beer's he chose.   Hubby and I also ordered an appetizer of Dalkey Duo - Dalkey-battered cocktail sausages with a Dalkey mustard dipping sauce.

We both really enjoyed these and I like the sauce that comes with it. Kind of a mustard sauce I think? 

Dinner was up next and I was really torn as to what to order. I really love the steak here but  after the risotto I had earlier in the week, I was hungry for that too!! My mom ordered the Steak and since she never finishes her meals I knew I could have at least a taste. I ordered the Risotto which was mostly mushroom and I added the grilled chicken.  My mom ordered the steak that came with Mashed Potatoes and Fried Onions.  Hubby got the slow ribs and I don't remember what my Dad got lol.

Up until this point, every thing was pretty ho hum. The waitress seemed disinterested in us and while the food was ok, it wasn't great.   The mashed potatoes were super bland and everything was just kind of dull...not at all like I remembered.  Also, a recurring problem we had throughout Disney was the High Chairs were just too big for our daughter. She is sitting up almost by herself and didn't want to be contained in her car seat if she was awake.  We really struggled keeping her in the high chair and she was starting to get cranky. Just as she was falling asleep one of the Irish Dancers came into our room, put down a piece of wood on the ground and started dancing. In hindsight it was pretty funny timing and had we been there any other time we would have really enjoyed it.  I ended up taking the baby in the bathroom and rocking her to sleep. Who would have thought she'd sleep through Wishes but not Irish dancers?

We were now ready to order dessert.   My Mom and mainly came for the Bread and Butter Pudding.  Hubby ordered and my Dad ordered....well I don't remember. I swear he was there lol!!

Now so far our experience had been very lackluster...and here is where it got worse. We waited...and waited...and waited for dessert.  It finally showed up but were very ready to leave at this point. HOWEVER, I would never leave without having my Bread and Butter Pudding. I know not everyone is a fan of bread pudding but I love it. This dessert is HUGE and easily can be shared by two people. It's hot and full of golden raisins.  It's served with two sauces that you can pour over the top. It's seriously heavenly!!

Overall it was a very disappointing experience but one bad experience won't deter me from going back. I really love this restaurant and am chalking it up to an off night.  

Up next...our second day at EPCOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment