Day 1- Arrival day

Good Morning and Happy Monday!!  Who's ready to start? I know I am!!!  I'm going to back up a bit and start with the night before our arrival day...as that's when the trip started for some of our party!

Let's recap shall we??

We were all scheduled to be at Walt Disney World from March 20 to the 23rd where we would then board the magnificent Disney Fantasy for 3 amazing nights!

Our trip began Monday evening.  My hubby and I left the baby in the very capable hands of my parents and left for their house. We did a bit of a switcheroo as our house is closer to where they work and their house is closer to the airport.  We had a nice date night at Buffalo Wild Wings before trying to get some sleep.

Lauren and Patrick began their trip on a Red Eye to Washington. Both Lauren and my hubby have some fear of flying. So while we at dinner I read updates like this one:

Here we go! Oh so anxious! — at Seatac International Airport. Lauren

Oh and a bit of  a side note...throughout this blog you'll see a variety of pictures.

-Pictures I took on my point and shoot Canon
-Pictures I took on my phone
-Pictures Lauren took on her phone
-Pictures Lauren took on her on fancy shcmancy camera (I'm sure she'll tell you what kind if you ask,lol)

So back on track!  Patrick and I both got our respective spouses on the plane and we landed in Orlando safe and sound!  We met up at Baggage Claim.  Now I think I mentioned before that we opted to take Magical Express...well since I've spoiled my husband with rental cars each trip he wasn't exactly thrilled with that idea. Instead we booked a trip with Quicksilver Tours and Transportation. I can't say enough good things about them!!  They were prompt, on time and fast!  They were especially helpful later when we discovered my husband lost his phone in the car. They had returned it to our resort later that evening!!

We were quickly whisked off to Coronado Springs.   

Check-in was super speedy as we had already done online check-in.  We were in Building 7b in the Ranchos.  We began the trek back to the room. Now let me say the room wasn't FAR, but if I had kids it would have been a little bit of a walk.  There was a bus stop very close to our room but by the time you wait for it, you could have walked!

After we dropped our bags off we returned to the lobby to grab some lunch. I had to check in to the conference but couldn't do so until 2 p.m. We started out at Cafe Rix and even though there wasn't many people the wait for food was more than 15 minutes. We opted for some pre-made wraps and bottled water.   

It was just about 2 p.m. so we went to check in to the conference.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that all of my conference "goodies" came in this amazing bag!



Now that I had this great bag, we had to stop back at the room to drop it off. On our walk there somehow the discussion came up about how Cast Members will never "point" you in any direction or TO anything. I explained to everyone that as a CM we are always trained to use two fingers or your whole hand as it's more polite.  Here is Patrick demonstrating, lol.

Now remember we hadn't been gone that long but when I got back to the room I was shocked to find this!

This amazing gift bag was left for me by a few of the other agents at Mouseketrips. It included a great bag, a bar of Mickey Soap, a 2012 Disney Cruise Pin and gift card for some Dole Whip (picture coming later!)

It was finally time to head out to the Magic Kingdom!! Yay!!

Once we arrived hubby and I had to go to Will Call while Lauren and Patrick were meeting up with a friend who is a Cast Member. We spent the first hour or so exploring the park and getting some insider info...haha just kidding.  We did have fun just exploring though!

A little sneaky peak of Dumbo!!


We don't normally travel during Spring Break and aren't used to the crowds. We thought our best bet was to ride Pirates. As we ventured over there we noticed some things we aren't used to...like a 75 minute wait for It's A Small World!!! YIKES!!


After Pirates we made our way to Pecos Bills for lunch. 

Once we finished lunch we wandered over to Tomorrowland.  That's were we witnessed this...it's some kind of dance party with VERY loud music. During the day it was tolerable...at night...well we disliked this very much. It was too much like a night club for teens. It seemed very inappropriate in the Magic Kingdom.


The wait on everything was pretty  long but we decided to snag some Fastpasses for Buzz while we went on Carousel of Progress.

After Carousel of Progress we learned Patrick had NEVER been on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority...the Peoplemover!

It was going to be a very early morning so we decided to leave for the night.   I love Lauren's pictures with the light.

All the people who drove and are headed back to the parking lot via the Ferry.  For once we were glad to be taking the bus!

We went back to the resort and spent a little time at the pool before hitting the hay for the night!!  Next up...Animal Kingdom for Early Extra Magic Hours!

3 comments:

  1. I love the classic picture of the guy selling the balloons... :)

    Sounds like a great first day though! :)

    I can't wait to hear about the rest :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!

    That Dance Party IS annoying- at first I thought they just did it during MNSSHP, but then they were doing it when we were there in June, too- in the rain! I guess some people like it- but not us! ~Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I love it! I love the photo's, I would never thought of taking photo's like that...so many ideas!!! We also love food too! Peco Bills was one of our Out of the way finds our first year! I see the pictures POC ride, reminds me of ... "Hooow Many?" The girls walk around the house saying it..(daddy says it best though)! One of our favorite rides! Thank you so much for sharing with us! Keep posting, I am taking notes!!! ~ Amy :)

    ReplyDelete