Just a place to lay our head

Well if you missed it, I made the announcement yesterday that Kennedy and I are headed off for a little Mommy/Daughter/Granddaughter time with my Mom.

The trip is kind of a last minute thing as my Mom just found out she's attending a conference in Orlando.  She invited us to come down for a few days after the conference to hang out at Disney, just the three of us and well...Kennedy insisted. I mean who could say no to this face?

Ok so she can't talk yet and she didn't exactly say she wanted to go but a mother always knows :)

Back to the plans...I checked airfare and Tuesday was cheaper than Wednesday (when she gets out of the conference) so I booked it. I told her Kennedy and I will have a little Mommy/Daughter time and just spend Wednesday relaxing before she meets up with us.

It was time to decide where to stay.  I was very tempted by a few choices...Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian...even my favorite the Boardwalk was available.  Here is a list of things I was looking for in the resort we chose:

1) It had to be someplace I haven't stayed yet (that narrows down the choices considerably)
2) I wanted it to be fun and entertaining for a relaxing day with just the baby and I.  Most likely a pool day so it had to be a great one.
3) Since we are having a hang out day, extra activities would be necessary. It wouldn't be a park day so we needed something to do.
4) Cost....not the cheapest but not the most expensive either!

For the sake of blogging (I know...you're welcome) and after letting Kennedy decide, we chose two different resorts!

Resort #1
We decided for our first night we would be staying in a studio villa at Disney's Beach Club.  We chose the studio simply because it was slightly cheaper than the water view room that was available at the Beach Club.  BUT we chose Beach Club for....

Stormalong Bay!!  If you haven't heard, Storamalong Bay is one of the most sought after pools on property. This special pool features a sand bottom and lazy river! It's over 3 acres of pool! Plus a zero entry with sandy bottom. I figure this will be the perfect place for Kennedy and I to hang out. We'll swim and play. Plus we are right next door to the Boardwalk to grab a bit of dinner. I'm really excited to try out this resort and have a pool day!!

Resort #2
We opted to go with a moderate for the remaining 2 nights. Since I've stayed at Coronado twice in the past 6 months I wanted to try another resort out. Port Orleans Riverside had availability.  Even better? Where is the perfect place for my princess to lay her sweet head?  Ok let's stop for a second and have a dose of reality shall we?


Ok better...nonetheless where is the perfect place for this grown up princess to lay her head? Why a Royal Guest Room at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside!! I love the attention to detail Disney has been putting in these themed rooms so I can't wait to check it out!

There it is! Three nights, two resorts and a whole lot of fun!  Next up....itinerary and dining options! Plus preparing to pack our bags!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about the Beach Club...I haver never stayed their either. I didn't know about the pool, and although that's not usually something I look for in a resort, I know it's something my husband loves...perhaps we should look into this one at some point :)

    Or the Port Orleans for that matter...so that's another one I'm looking forward to...especially the newly decorated rooms, I have been reading about them and I hope they live up to expectation.

    ReplyDelete