Day 5

Well after several posts it's finally time for Day 5, our second day onboard the Disney Fantasy. If you are new to the blog, WELCOME!!

I have kind of posted about this morning before but I'd like to take a minute to talk about it again.  Saturday morning Lauren and I scheduled pedicures at Senses for 9 a.m.  Unfortunately my internal Mommy clock didn't know I was on vacation and I woke up a 7 a.m.   I quietly got dressed and decided to grab my camera and check out the ship.  I'm so glad I did this instead of trying to go back to sleep.  The ship was a ghost town and it was a pretty cool experience.

I then decided I needed some caffeine so I stopped by the Cove Cafe. I was surprised that it too was empty!

After some much needed alone time, I went back to the room to get Lauren. You can read more about Senses Spa and our experience here.

After the Spa we went back to grab the boys and spent the rest of the day at the pool...oh and trying the AquaDuck!!  What an amazing experience!! We rode it several times but I want to share something very important we learned.

Our first ride on the slide Lauren was asked to remove her prescription sunglasses. When she explained they were prescription and that she can't see a thing without them she was told ok.   Later we got in line again and Eric and I realized that Lauren and Pat didn't follow us.  When we got off the slide we found out Lauren wasn't allowed on because of her sunglasses, and they were pretty stern about it.  I spoke with the CM who insisted NO glasses were allowed on the slide for safety reasons.  I understood but explained not only was she just allowed through but as we were chatting a woman with glasses was allowed on the slide. He said prescription GLASSES were ok but not sunglasses. We ultimately spoke with a manager.  The end result...there is no consistency in the rule and Lauren was told she had to put her regular glasses on if she wanted to ride...even though her regular glasses were much looser fitting and she feared the might lose them.  The manager was pleasant but the rule was a lot of BS.  No two people had the same answer.

We don't have a ton of pictures from this day as we spent most of it relaxing by the pool, having some lunch and a few drinks.

Next up...another show and more food!  BONUS....something very special happens our 2nd night aboard. Don't miss it!

For the next day, click here!

3 comments:

  1. WOW...What amazing pictures of the ship with no one about. Such a lucky thing that you were up early...what a totally serene thing...I'm so jealous!!! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the no sunglasses rule applies to the Dream as well? Thankfully I can see well enough without my glasses so I could do without but it would be nice to have my sunglasses (which aren't prescription). I guess it's a small price to pay to ride the AquaDuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you it is the same rule. It has to do with what would happen if someone's glasses came off during the ride. It would stop the whole ride until they fished them out basically. What was frustrating was I could wear my regular glasses but not my sunglasses. Their argument is that sunglasses are not sold to specifically fit your face but glasses are. Well I bought my sunglasses where I bought my regular glasses and they were absolutely fit to my face to that was frustrating. Plus, over time my regular glasses have gotten pretty loose. We completely understood why they have the rule about no sunglasses but if they are going to let prescription glasses go through it should not matter if they are sunglasses or not. Just my opinion though!! I can't go without either...I would fall on my face walking up the stairs plus I would like to be able to see things while riding it lol.

    ReplyDelete