Disney's Beach Club Villas

If you've spoken with me before, you might know that Disney's Boardwalk is my favorite resort.  I love the ambiance of the resort...everything from the decor to the music.  Plus it's within walking distance to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.

The same can be said about Disney's Beach Club (and Villa's).  The resort, built in 1990 with the Villa's being added in 2001) is themed after turn of the Century New England Seashore. This resort boasts 583 guest rooms and 205 Villas as well as a Convention Center.

This post won't be super detailed on all the in's and out's of the resort but simply as a guest staying at the resort for the first time. I've visited this resort many times for dining and just general wandering so I was very excited to stay here!
If you missed my previous posts, my main reason for staying here was for Stormalong Bay. I was traveling alone with a 10 month old and loved the idea of a pool day.  Stormalong Bay is incredible for little ones!!

We arrived at Disney's Beach Club around 4:00 p.m.  Check in should have been relatively easy but there was supposedly an envelope left for me that no one could find.  Later it turned up in my stateroom and it was a One Day pass to Wide World of Sports. Yay.

I was a tad nervous about staying at the Villa's since I'm used to places like the Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge where the walk is super long! I was pleasantly surprised at how close our room was to the lobby!!

I had arrived received a text that our room was ready but since we used Magical Express our bags were not there yet. I had a pretty cranky baby on my hands by this point and packed my camera...so I apologize in advance for the cell pictures of the room!


After we checked in we decided to explore a bit before we met my Mom for lunch. Since I still didn't have my camera I won't torture you!  We ended up meeting with my Mom and walking over to Disney's Boardwalk for lunch...post for another day :)

The next morning we headed off to Ohana for breakfast and then spent some time in EPCOT before starting our pool day!

Stormalong Bay was amazing!  Although I found most of the Cast Members to be a bit rude, we had a great time.  The zero entry was so much fun as Kennedy could sit on the shore and splash.  The water around the area was only about 2 1/2 feet deep so I felt really comfortable by myself with the baby.  We didn't even get a chance to head over to the Lazy River or try the slide so I'm definitely excited to go back one day.

 Wondering how the Beach Club stacks up to the Boardwalk for me? Let's do Pro's and Con's!!

Pro's
Great location
Beautiful resort with similar themeing to the Boardwalk
Great counter service location


 Stormalong Bay!

Very laid back and calm...the whole resort was relaxing!
Instead of being AT the Boardwalk, I get a view of it!

Con's
Remember how I said Laid Back and Relaxing? I miss the hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk!
Check in rubbed me the wrong way...not enough NOT to return but still a Con.
I had to walk to the Boardwalk...ok I'm stretching here!


Ultimately, I would stay at this Resort over and over!  It was a great stay and I really enjoyed it...more so than I thought!  I still love the Boardwalk so I don't know if I would chose the Beach Club over it, but it's a close runner up!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! We would love to stay here some day! How CUTE is baby girl in that swimsuit?!?!? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fabulous photos!! I have always wanted to check out the Beach Club for Stormalong Bay!!! It looks wonderful though and that Kennedy is a darling in her little suit :-)

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little girl is beautiful, I love her sun hat.

    I've stayed at the Beach Club Villas & the Boardwalk Villas and love both resorts. Epcot is my favourite park though so that gives BCV the edge as its a shorter walk lol. Love Stormalong Bay too, what a pity the cast members were rude ��

    ReplyDelete