For the ladies

Good Morning and Happy Friday!! Just a few more days until we are in Sunny Florida!! Although that seems like an understatement bases on recent weather forecasts lol. HOT HOT HOT!!

Today's post is for the ladies. I'll admit it...when I'm on vacation I am slightly high maintenance. There I said it! I know there are a lot of women who go on vacation, leave the make up at home and throw their hair up into a ponytail.

That's not me.

But let me explain!  I'm not super high maintenance in that I'm putting on a full face of make up or anything.   Let's start with Makeup since I'm hoping that will redeem me!


I try to keep it simple with makeup. If I know hubby and I are going out for a nice dinner or something, I may throw in eyeliner or lipstick but for the most part I stick to this. I love Bare Minerals foundation. It's night and light plus I can bring it in my carry on if I had to.

Ok let's talk hair...this is where the high maintenance part comes in.   I have a secret....I have curly hair.  It's not something I talk about and you'll rarely see me with my hair curly but it's the truth!! LOL!!

On a good day, with no humidity, I can manage to get my hair pretty darn straight. Take our wedding day.  March 3, 2010....it was a COLD Florida day, perfect for straight hair!


How do I do it?  I use a straightening cream, blow dry with a round brush and then flat iron it.  Then add more product  lol! I do this on vacation too...unfortunately the Florida heat often has other ideas...

So for this trip I decided to give in. It's going to be HOT and HUMID.  I'm not going to mess with packing all my products, brushes and flat iron, just for the curls to win!

So here's my plan. I'm bringing the following:

That's it, my plan to stay sane and make vacation as easy as possible!

As for packing, this is a short trip and I know it's going to be HOT so I can avoid packing the just-in-case jeans and sweatshirts.   I'll throw a few pairs of shorts, cropped pants along with a few tanks and maybe a sundress in the mix. Plus my bathing suit for our pool day!!
What's your vacation style?  Do you pack all your normal cosmetics or go free?

2 comments:

  1. I do normal make-up but my norm isn't full face. Although I always take my full make-up bag no matter where I travel. Some may say lucky for me but i have boring straight hair. I think your hair looks FANTASTIC curly!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same deal with my hair. I just avoid wearing makeup altogether and just go for a tinted moisturizer usually.

    ReplyDelete