I wish I was a little bit taller

Good Morning! Just 3 days left before our mini trip and we couldn't be more excited! The weather is calling for high 80's during the day with scattered Thunderstorms so just as expected!

One of the advantages this trip, and traveling with a baby, is that we can't do the big rides.  What? Doesn't that sound like a good thing?  Don't you like skipping Rock N' Roller Coaster and Everest?

Ya...me either.

I'm going to miss all the "big" kid rides that I love but with just 2 adults and limited time, it just doesn't work out.  Since Kennedy tops out at just around 30" she still just too short for many rides.


It's kind of a blessing in disguise though. Without riding those, that cuts down on our waiting in line time by a lot! We  get to focus on the shows and just wandering through the parks. We get to take our time and visit characters and watch the parades. A completely different experience for us.

When traveling with a small child, any ride that doesn't have a height requirement is OK!  That leaves us plenty of options!

Our first official night with all three of us will be spent in World Showcase. This is mostly for the adults and since Kennedy is so little, we have minimal entertaining to do. If you have older kids don't forget that World Showcase has a lot to offer!  There is the KidCot Fun Stops plus movies, shows and lots of other entertainment in each country.  You can also buy a "passport" and let your kids travel from Country to Country meeting cast members!

For our morning at Animal Kingdom, we have a lot planned!!
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Pangani  Forest Exploration Trail
  • Maharajah Jungle Trek
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • Finding Nemo the Musical
  • Triceratops Spin
  • Character Meet and Greets
We have too much scheduled for our morning at Animal Kingdom but as you can see there are lots of options for our little one.  Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parks and there is just so much to do!


Magic Kingdom will be loaded with fun things for us to do! I just wish we had an entire day there!   It will be hit or miss since we will be arriving later in the day but here are somethings we'd like to do.

  • Dumbo
  • Snow White (closing May 31)
  • Small World
  • Carousel
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Parades, Shows and Character's!
I really think she's going to love meeting the characters this time around so again, we have more on our plate then we can possible get done but it's good to have options!

Because this trip is laid back...and super quick, we don't have a list of MUST DO's or anything pressing which makes it a unique trip for us. It's going to be fun to just explore and wander where ever we want! I haven't done that since I was a Cast Member on my day off!

Remember Disney once said, "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.".  There is something for everyone at Disney! You just have to know where to look (or who to contact...like me!)


I'm taking a blogging break for Mother's Day tomorrow, so Happy Mother's Day to all my readers!  Monday I'll do one more blog on packing before we leave! Be sure you are a fan on Facebook  and Twitter (not sure how much I'll keep up with Twitter but it's something I'm going to try!) as well as following the blog. I'll be posting LIVE next week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun, relaxed trip. My daughter had her 3 year old checkup this week, and she measured in at 36.5 inches. My husband was THRILLED because he believes this means he'll be able to fudge her height up to 40 inches in November. Umm...in what world are you going to be able to add THREE inches to my 3 year old??? Those are going to be some fantastic shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL um those are going to be some mighty fine shoes!! HAHA!! Remember that Goofy's Barnstormer is only 35" though!

    ReplyDelete