The Weekender Review

Hey everyone!  Can you believe I leave tomorrow? Me either! So much left to do today!  Since I promised a post on packing...and well I'm not even close, I figured I give a pre-review of my new carry on bag, The Weekender by Vera Bradley.  I'll take lots of packing pictures today and get that up before we leave in the morning so stay tuned!!

Let me first start off by saying, I didn't use to be a "bag" girl. Most of my purses/handbags came from Target. Then on our honeymoon, hubby got me my first Disney Dooney.  It was wonderful! I couldn't believe how durable and sturdy it was compare to the junk I had been buying! I carried that bag for almost a year, which is so rare for me!

Then I got pregnant and began searching for a diaper bag that was both useful and looked nice.  One day my mom came over to visit and she surprised me with a beautiful Vera diaper bag.  I was never really into Vera; the prints just never did anything for me and I thought they were kind of expensive.  But this bag was gorgeous, and again like the Dooney, it was very durable and put up with a lot...plus it's super easy to wash!

Since I'm trying to limit my bags, I knew I needed something that would hold all of our items, not just the diaper bag. I stopped in a local store to check out the Vera bags and fell in love with the Weekender, although I wasn't ready to buy just yet. I came home to hunt for a pattern I really loved.  That's when I found Symphony in Hue. I LOVE IT!

So here is a quick pre-review and then I'll post once we get back how it did.  These bags range from about $70 to $100 depending on the print and where you find it. I purchased mine on Ebay.

I love the size! It's slightly larger than my diaper bag which should hold a change of clothes for both of us, my cell, wallet and Nook plus all her baby items.
 18 ½" x 12 ½" x 8 ½" - 6 ½" handle drop - 48 ½" removable strap

It has two big pockets in the front...great for putting things you need to get to quickly.

The back has a large zipper compartment. This is usually where I keep my wallet so it's secure but again, easy to get to.

Nice and large!


There are 4 pockets inside, 2 on each side.

Bonus! It comes with an extra long strap which should make maneuvering a baby and the bag easier!


Right now there are a few older prints on sale both on the Vera website and on Ebay so look around. I knew that I was going to be using this bag for a while and wanted to really love the print so it was worth it tome to spend the extra $20 or $30.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Twitter for live updates!

2 comments:

  1. I used to change my purses out all the time so I always bought cheaper purses. Then I discovered Vera and while I might change them every month. I basically still rotate through all of my favorites. Definitely love the luggage bags too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a Vera Bradley outlet right outside WDW, off of Sand Lake. You can get really good deals over there, too.

    ReplyDelete